Installation on Linux is recommended, but it is also known to work on Windows and macOS. On macOS the command line interface should be used with bash, not the default zsh, which is not compatible with the syntax.
- Python 3, or a Python distribution such as Anaconda
To install ds-format and dependencies:
pip3 install ds-format==3.3.3
If installing as a non-root user on Linux, you might have to add
$HOME/.local/bin to the PATH environment variable in
~/.profile (or an
equivalent configuration file) in order to be able to run the
$HOME/.local/share/man to MANPATH in order to have access to the manual
- Fixed storing of missing values.
- Fixed setting of dataset attributes in the ds storage format.
- Fixed package imports in new Python.
- Fixed missing required package.
- Minor improvements in the documentation.
- Basic support for CSV.
- Improved documentation.
- meta: Argument naming more consistent with the rest of the API.
- group_by: Fixed argument checking.
- Fixed JSON encoding of NumPy arrays.
- Support for HDF5.
- Fixes in ds cat JSON output.
- Fixes in the NetCDF driver.
- Support for JSON output in commands.
- New commands and Python API functions.
- Version 1.0 of the storage format (incompatible with the previous experimental format).
- Support for empty variables.
- pst output in commands instead of JSON.
- Improved argument checking.
- Improved documentation and command help.
- Support for variables beginning with a dot (in the ds storage format).
- Improved support for missing values.
- Glob pattern matching of variable, attribute and dimension names in commands.
- Support for error reporting modes.
- Fixed missing package in setup.py (Markdown).
- Command line documentation and man pages.
- Command output in PST format.
- ds ls: Added
- New ds file format (experimental).
- Documentation website.
- Fixed handling of NetCDF time variables.
- Fixed merge function definition and implementation.
- Dataset validation on write.
- Dropped support for Python 2.
- merge: new variables option.
- Improved reading of NetCDF time variables.
- Documented readdir function.
- Dependencies installed from PyPI.
- Initial release.